Tomatoes For Weight Loss: 5 Reasons Why You Must Include Tomatoes In Your Weight Loss Plan :- The health benefits of tomatoes have been known to mankind since ancient times. They are rich sources of antioxidants that have been proven to be effective against many forms of cancer. Let’s discuss the benefits in detail. Tomato contains a large amount of lycopene, an antioxidant that is highly effective in scavenging cancer-causing free radicals. This benefit can even be obtained from heat-processed tomato products like ketchup.
The lycopene in tomatoes defends against cancer and has been shown to be effective in fighting prostate cancer, cervical cancer, cancer of the stomach and rectum as well as pharynx and esophageal cancers. It also protects against breast and mouth cancer, according to studies published by the Harvard School of Public Health.
Tomatoes For Weight Loss: 5 Reasons Why You Must Include Tomatoes In Your Weight Loss Plan
Tomatoes are the most used vegetable in the world. Its old botanical name is Lycopersicon esculantum mill. At present, it is called Solanum Lyco Porcicon. There are many people who can not even imagine making tomato food. It originates in South American Andes. In Mexico, it began to be used as a food and spread throughout the world, through the Spanish colony of America.
Tomatoes are relatively low in calories and carbohydrates and have high water content, which makes it an ideal pick for those looking for something filling, which would not topple their calorie requirement for the day. Here’s why tomatoes make for an ideal addition to your weight loss diet:-
1. Curbs cravings: Tomatoes are high in fiber. Fiber takes the longest to digest and induce the feeling of fullness. If you are satiated for long, naturally you would crave less and binge less.
2. Good For Digestion: Fibre is extremely important for good digestion. It adds bulk to your stool, which facilitates your bowel movement, further preventing constipation and boosting digestion. Bad digestion is closely tied to weight gain. If you do not have a good digestive system, your ability to absorb and assimilate nutrients is hindered, moreover, you would face difficulty in eliminating waste and toxins from your body. This can impact your metabolism and slow it down.
3. Low Calories: You would be surprised to know that 100 grams of tomatoes contain just about 18 calories, which makes it a perfect bet for those on a calorie-restricted weight loss diet.
4. Fat Burning Properties: Tomatoes encourage the production of the amino acid called Carnitine, which is an organic molecule that plays an important role in the regulation of fatty acid and energy metabolism. This amino acid is reported to enhance the body’s fat burning ability
5. Revs Up Metabolism: Tomatoes are plump with antioxidants, one of the most significant being – lycopene. According to experts, lycopene may rev up metabolism naturally.
So, what are you waiting for? Time to enjoy the juicy and healthy treats. But, make sure you do not overdo it. Check for allergies and portion sizes before you start loading up on them. Report by http://raithal.com/